Lovely sour cream banana bread
½ cup butter (1 stick), softened
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1½ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup mashed bananas (about 3)
½ cup chopped walnuts (pecans are good, too)
½ cup sour cream
½ cups chocolate chips (if desired)
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix again.
- Add mashed bananas, nuts, and sour cream (plus choco. chips, if you are using).
- Bake in a greased loaf pan at 350 F for one hour.
Makes one loaf.