9 a.m. Pizza Dough
350 grams water, 90-95° F
15 grams fine sea salt
0.3 grams instant dry yeast
500 grams white flour, preferably 00
- Put water and salt in a dough tub and swish to dissolve. Add yeast to water, let it sit for a minute to hydrate, then swish to dissolve.
- Add flour to dough tub and mix by hand for just about a minute.
- Let the dough rest for 20 minutes.
- Dump dough onto a floured work surface and knead by hand for about a minute to develop a very smooth skin. Oil your dough tub and place the dough ball in the tub, seam side down.
- Cover with a tight-fitting lid and hold for 2 hours at room temperature for the first rise.
- Dump dough onto a floured work surface and divide into 3-5 dough balls. Shape each piece of dough into a medium-tight round, working gently and being careful not to tear the dough.
- Place the dough balls on a lightly floured baking sheet. Dust the tops with flour, cover airtight with plastic wrap, and hold at room temperature for about six hours.