Bonnie's buffalo chicken dip
It sounds white trash, but people love this shit.
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 2 pounds total), boiled, drained & shredded
1 12 ounce bottle Frank's Hot Sauce (try NOT to substitute here and do NOT use Tabasco)
1 16 ounce bottle ranch dressing
2 8 ounce pkgs cream cheese
½ cup celery, chopped
8 ounces shredded sharp cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 13"x9"x2" inch baking pan, combine the shredded cooked chicken meat with entire bottle of Frank's sauce, spreading to form an even layer.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the entire bottle of Ranch dressing with cream cheese, stirring, til smooth and hot. Pour this mixture evenly over chicken, spreading to form the 2nd layer.
- Sprinkle with celery and bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle on shredded cheese and bake uncovered for another 15 or 20 minutes, til hot and bubbly...you don't want the cheese to get browned and hardened.
- Let sit 10 minutes and serve hot or warm with celery sticks and/ or any sturdy dipper like Tostito Golds. (My 22 year old son says just put out spoons, it's so good!)